We are an owner operated store offering a carefully selected group of wines from around the world. We like to call them “wines with soul”
Here's where my eyebrows raised a little. This comes from two parcels one 30 years old and the other 70. The soils for these two plots are more gravely. 80% of the juice is fermented in used barrels and the remaining 20% in tank. I found the mineral expression and the electricity was turned up a notch when tasting this wine. Only 300-ish cases are made, making this the most limited wine in production.
We offer wines, in all price ranges that are selected by a group of 5 passionate wine lovers. Whether it’s something from our everyday drinking section, a local specialty, or a hard to find French or Italian wine we select them all with equal care.
In addition if you join our Wine Club or Soul Wine Society you receive 15% off our already competitive prices.
Owner Michael Teer has worked at Pike and Western since 1980, buying it in 1991. While still primarily a brick and mortar store our online presence is meant to not only enhance the business but give a sense of what the personality of the shop is. While wine is certainly Michael’s business it is also deeply integrated into his life.
We are located at the north end of Seattle’s historic Pike Place Market.
1934 Pike Place, Seattle, WA 98101
We are open
Monday — Friday
10:00 AM — 6:30 PM
9:30 AM — 6:00 PM
Noon — 5:00 PM